Pages

Saturday 9 August 2014

The Proof of His Love

It's always great getting an email from readers of the blog. It's even more exciting reading testimonies of a personal encounter or experience of God's realness, goodness and faithfulness.

I got an email recently from a lovely lady and she was happy to share on the blog as well. You may be able to identify with her story and I pray that it blesses you. xx

*********************************************

I feel I really need to share this, I have been sharing it with people around me. I'm saved by God's grace and I love God.

Most times I feel I don't really enjoy the type of relationship most born-again Christians that I know enjoy with Him. I don't feel that emotion of his love for me. All my life I have not really had any bad experience, I have always had things in my own way. Never been involved in an accident, never lost anyone very close to me, never had any terrible experience so I felt I was just a special kind of being.

Now the thing with that is that most times I found it hard to empathise with people's pain. I was worried that nothing moved me. When my very close friends are in pain, I find it hard to get emotional. Nothing moved me!

When I see people pray or worship God and weep, not for any problem they might have but because they are amazed at His love towards them, I really wondered.

I assumed that I was probably too heart hardened, I started praying Ezekiel 36:26 "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh". This was supposed to come with salvation, so why did I still feel like I had a stony heart?

Then something happened.

Just some days back, I was rushing to pick up something from someone and boarded a Tricycle (popularly called Keke) and I was the only passenger. The Keke driver got to a junction where he was supposed to make a left turn and stopped because cars were coming on the part of the road he wanted to cross to. Immediately, a car coming at top speed hit us from behind. As the driver was trying to control the Tricycle, I fell out of it and landed on the other side of the road. As God would have it, there was no car coming at that particular moment and this is a part of the road that is usually always very busy. People gathered to help us, the Keke driver was rushed to the hospital immediately but I had just a little bruise on my knee.

God saved me!!!

With the way the force of the impact threw me out of the Keke, everyone was surprised nothing happened to me.

I was listening to a song by the popular Gospel singer Panam Percy Paul (He that dwelleth) during my quiet time and I was weeping uncontrollably. It could only have been God that kept me.

A friend of mine updated his Facebook status recently and 2 comments later read 'RIP' - Unfortunately, my friend who updated that status had just slumped and died just a day after he made that post... Just like that!

I wonder if all these makes sense to you but I have come to see how much God loves me. So many things happen in life and anybody that is alive should know that God has a purpose for his or her life. I am not better than the dead but God's grace has always kept me.

I wonder why the ever busy road had no approaching car the day I had the accident?

Why did I not land with my head or waist when I fell off?

Why did God save me while some people who have experienced a smaller kind of accident end up dying from it???

Now I understand the depth of His love for me!!

God kept me!
God saved me!!
His grace and mercy kept me!!!

I weep for His awesome love, who are my that God is so mindful of me???

Please thank Him for me, I don't think my thanksgiving will be enough. Help me thank God.

I will keep speaking of his wondrous works and all He has done.

Thank you Lord!!!

Ezioma

********************************************

Sometimes, as human beings, we may take certain things for granted. Because we haven't had what we term a significant encounter, we don't seem to appreciate the grace of God that is so great upon our lives. There is a God in heaven who daily loads us with benefits.
To deny Him is to act a fool for the bible says that the one who says there is no God is a fool. To love and fear Him is to be wise..

God loves you sooo much.. He cares about even the littlest detail of your life. You are never left nor forsaken by Him.. He is mindful of you, your name is written in the palms of His hands. The strands of hair on your head is numbered by Him. He loves you beyond what you coud ever think or imagine and He is calling you with such great love to a relationship with Him...


8 comments:

  1. My.. he died moments after posting on Facebook.... thats sad, and it had me thinking, ithad my eyes wattery....

    You see ehn One plus The ONE, I never come to your Blog, and go back same same, There is always a sort of operation on my conscience. How do you guys do it? How do you live the good life? Well it is well. Nice post Bubba, truly our lives are borrowed, so lets try live for mankind, and make life better for others, cause soon we will be gone. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Duru, good to see you here again :)
      You asked- how do we live the good life? It's not us, it's the Holyspirit that helps us (I know it sounds cliche, but it's true). I know this because I've tried it on my own before, you know, trying to live the good life and all, but it was all futile because in a matter of days, I would be back to my old self again.
      The best part of this is that, you don't even to earn His love or His help (the Holyspirit), you just have to ask and receive. That's it!

      Also, you saying there's always some kind of operation on your conscience anytime you come visit this blog may signify that God is already calling you to Himself. He's already working on your heart and He's trying to get through to you, let Him in.

      Delete
  2. Omg! Loved this. Truly Gods loves us like CRaZYYY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so timely. I just memorized Ezekiel 36:26 now and I'll be sure to use it when I pray. God is awesome and faithful and He loves us. Love that I've simply accepted, knowing that trying to break it down to fully understand will be futile.

    May God continue to keep you Ez and you too 1 + The One

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ms Cookie, HAlLELUYAH!!
    @John, the beloved.. Simple answer - It's really and truly Jesus at the centre of it all.. I love Tomi's response too (PS, we'll see off 'camera')
    @Ehi, He does!!!
    @MsTizzle, Amen.. God's love and ways are simply amazing
    @Tomi, Amen, thanks love. God bless you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This truly is a testimony. Thank one+ for this blog. We need more of you in blogville. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much dear. Thank God for everything! It's all about Him xx

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)